Wishing on a Wrist
Wishing upon a shooting star is always fun, but what’s the magic in it? While fairytale stories are the great rage as a young child, reality sets in during growth and development as an adult. What’s more palpable than wishing on a star? I’d say wishing on a wrist. But there’s more to it.
The power of “The Secret” has been echoed for centuries, but it hasn’t been up until the past few decades that it’s become a national craze or topic. In fact, ‘the secret’ can be summed down to one thing: the law of attraction. In the law of attraction, positivity is key. Rather than focusing on negatives such as what you don’t have, what you don’t like, and what you hope does not happen, positive thoughts are encouraged toward what you wish to have, what you do like, and what you would like to happen. The positive attraction is said to lift ones vibrations towards a positive end.
In essence, the wish bracelet is a constant reminder of your goals. It’s much more than simply wishing on a star, it’s an actual and active presence in reinforcement of your dreams. Whispering and concentrating on your dreams while creating the bracelet, and constantly touching and thinking of your goals after having applied the bracelet is a great support system to keep your positive thoughts at your forefront. A wish bracelet is a great accompaniment to an already active pursuit of the end product of your wishes. Making a wish bracelet can be fun and easy. Read the guidelines and DIY instructions below (thanks to Bukisa) and put your dreams in motion!
Colors of Bracelet:
- Multi-Color Wish Bracelets -Fortune, Resolutions, Letting Go, Unity
- Blue Wish Bracelets -Love, Healing
- Green Wish Bracelets – Hope, Healing, Money, Prosperity
- Gold Wish Bracelets – Fortune, Abundance
- Yellow/Orange Wish Bracelets – Energy, Power, Strength
- Pink Wish Bracelets – Love, Happiness
- Purple Wish Bracelets – Spirituality, Uniqueness
- Red Wish Bracelets – Lust, Passion, Health
- White/Clear Wish Bracelets – Truth, Peace
- Black Wish Bracelets – Tranquility, Peace
The Wish bracelet is a piece of jewelry with beads. Popular folklore holds that the wearer should make a wish while putting the bracelet on, and rub the beads every day. When the bracelet finally comes off, the wish is believed to be realized soon or already have come true.
Wish Bracelets can easily be worn by anyone no matter of age. If you do not want it easily visible you can get or make one that is longer then normal and tie it around your ankle.
To create your own:
- You will need; hemp and small beads of your choice color.
- Cut the hemp in three strands long enough to still go around your wrist after all the work has been done. This will need to be fairly long, figure the strands will be about half their length when finished.
- Start by tying a knot near one end with enough extra on the side to use to secure the bracelet to your wrist later. On the end with the longer strands tightly braid the strands of hemp together. After a couple inches, start stringing on your beads. String one bead on every third strand as you continue braiding. Once all your beads are on finish braiding the strands till you are a couple inches from the end. Tie the braid off so that you still have some loose strands sticking out on each end of the bracelet.
- You are now ready to make your wish and secure your bracelet to your wrist or ankle.
- Of course a bracelet does not have magic abilities to make things come true, but when a goal is often brought to your attention you are more likely to try to work towards that goal. Therefore the bracelet helps encourage you to obtain your own wishes and goals.
- (P.S., you can purchase a cute Live Civil Bracelet to match!)
Did you make a wish bracelet in the past? Share with us your experience or others you’ve heard!