. A look down look down a that lonesome road C Am Dm G7 C A before you travel travel on. or died when I was a baby . Look up look down that lonesome road Hang down your head and cry my love Hang down your head and cry. He carries a heavy load boy, He's a-sniffing on my tail. Chorus:- Copy and paste lyrics and chords to the key changer, select the key you want, then click the button "Click Here". Listen Now Buy song $0.99. An annotation cannot contain another annotation. Look up and down that lonesome road, hang down your head and cry - my Lord! hang down your head and cry. When image-conscious Mayor Stoner objects to a golden-voiced--but wardrobe-challenged--farmer chosen to represent Mayberry in the upcoming musicale, Andy must find a way to appease all sides. starts and ends within the same node. Look Down That Lonesome Road by Rusty Draper2 was written by Gene Austin and Nathaniel Shilkret and was first recorded and released by Gene Austin in 1928. I know him well, As long as they make whisky I'll leave a little something for you   He's half blind but Yonder there's aman a-coming John Masters chooses Rafe for the solo performance, and when Mayor Stoner hears of his decision he is appalled by the choice, he & Mrs. Jeffriesare convinced that he isn't presentable enough to represent th… The Related Products tab shows you other products that you may also like, if you like The Lonesome Road. and? Yonder there's aman a-coming He broke his poor heart son; His head is empty, His bread is just not done. After I am gone; And rest yourself a spell. [Verse] C C7 F Fm C G7 C Look down, look down that lonesome road, be-fore you travel on C C7 F Fm C G7 C Look up, look up and seek your maker, be-fore Gabriel blows his horn. Chordie does not index songs against artists'/composers' will. And shake my big old tail 10 Jan. 2021. Cannot annotate a non-flat selection. I met an old auctioneer, His bread is just not done. I hate to say goodbye Some I want to sell boy album: "Sam Cooke" (1957) You Send Me. Get instant explanation for any lyrics that hits you anywhere on the web! See the way that bay horse rides, Seems just like a sin, That horse is broken too, Lost his? … Rusty Draper2 released it on the album Rusty Draper Sings Night Life in 1964. It clouds up your thinking; No capo [Chorus] D G D C Em C Am G C/G G Walk down that lonesome road all by yourself G/F# Em C G C D Don't turn your head back over your shoulder Am Em C G D C Em F F C C And only stop to r If theyare maimed or lame, A drink will help you take it; "The Lonesome Road" is a 1927 song with music by Nathaniel Shilkret and lyrics by Gene Austin, alternately titled "Lonesome Road", "Look Down that Lonesome Road" and "Lonesome Road Blues." Don't you hang your little head. Look at that old mule there, Seems just like a sin, Download Look Down That Lonesome Road song on Gaana.com and listen Fiddler's Green Look Down That Lonesome Road song offline. That horse is broke in two Canadian Sunset. FAVORITE Composed by: Nathaniel Shilkret.   Get instant explanation for any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the web! Ola Belle Reed released it on the album Rising Sun Melodies in 2010. Moonlight In Vermont. They'll keep on making it. Look up, look up and seek your maker, be-fore Gabriel blows his horn. Lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, NATHANIEL SHILKRET MUSIC CO. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. Directed by Charles Irving. Look down, look down that lonesome road Before you travel on Look up, look up and seek your maker Before Gabriel blows his horn Weary totin' such a load Trudgin' down the lonesome road Look down, look down that lonesome road Before, before you travel on True love, true love, what have I done That you should treat me so? STANDS4 LLC, 2021. Become A Better Singer In Only 30 Days, With Easy Video Lessons! Walk down that lonesome road all by yourself Don't turn your head back over your shoulder And only stop to rest yourself when the silver moon Is shining high above the trees If I had stopped to listen once or twice If I had closed my mouth and opened my eyes If I had cooled my head and warmed my heart I'd not be on this road tonight Carry on Before I forget. See the way that bay horse rides, Seems just like a sin, That horse is broken too, Lost his? Search Bluegrass Lyrics. Other folks keep moving, His head is empty, and? Chorus:- E A Look down that lonesome road before you travel on E B E I hate to say goodbye so I'll just say so long (A part) See the way that bay horse rides, seems just like a sin That horse is broke in two, he lost his couplin' pin Yonder there's a man a comin', bless his poor heart son His head's all empty, his bread is just not done. [Verse] C C7 F Fm C G7 C Look down, look down that lonesome road, be-fore you travel on C C7 F Fm C G7 C Look up, look up and seek your maker, be-fore Gabriel blows his horn. Sit down beside me Look Down That Lonesome Road is a popular song by Billy Swan | Create your own TikTok videos with the Look Down That Lonesome Road song and explore 0 videos made by new and popular creators. True love, true love What have I done Telle me what have I done That you should treat me so. / Hang down your head and cry / They say all good friends must part sometimes / Why not you and I (my Look Down That Lonesome Road. Additional Performers: Bing Crosby. Search Bluegrass Lyrics. If you'd like … Look down, look down that lonesome road, hang down your head and cry. Rafe Hollister (Jack Prince II) - The Lonesome Road - YouTube Ah look down look down that lonesome road before you travel travel on Look up look up and seek your maker before Gabriel blows his horn Now I'm weary totin' such a load travelin' down that lonesome road Look down look down that lonesome road before you travel travel on [ guitar - steel ] The lyricist and composer were both extremely popular recording artists. Search for: Ad-Free Bluegrass Lyrics, still! It was written in the style of an African-American folk song. Look down that lonesome road Before you travel on; I hate to say goodbye So I'll just say so long. So I'll just say so long. And some I want to keep. Lyrics to "The Lonesome Road" by SAM COOKE: Look down, look down / That lonesome road / Before you travel on / Look up, look up / And see you maker / For Gabriel blows his horn / I get weary toting such a load / Traveling down that lonesome road / Look down, look down / That lonesome road … AZLyrics. more », Sheet Music  To enjoy Prime Music, go to Your Music Library and transfer your account to Amazon.com (US). Look down, look down that lonesome road Before you travel on Look up, look up and seek your maker Before Gabriel blows his horn. Sit down beside me And rest yourself a spell I've lived a good long life And I've no regrets; Let me tell my story Before I forget Chorus:-Look down that lonesome road Before you travel on; I hate to say goodbye So I'll just say so long See the way that bay horse rides Seems just like a sin That horse is broke in two He lost his coupling pin Lyrics to 'Before You Travel On (lonesome Road)' by David Houston. They never did give that mule It was covered by Country Gazette, Mighty Ghosts of Heaven, Retaguardia Jazz Band, Reunion Jazz Band and other artists. He broke his poor heart son; By: Gene Austin. Chorus:- Crosses the Yellow Dog, If you want to change the "Key" on any song, click here for the easiest way possible. The lyricist and composer were both extremely popular recording artists. Before you travel on; I say just keep on drinking. John Masters is holding Auditions for a singer to represent Mayberry at a musicale, meanwhile, Barney is practicing at the Jail when Rafe walks in with a mess of green beans for Aunt Bee. To get your share done. The Lonesome Road is a 1927 song with music by Nathaniel Shilkret and lyrics by Gene Austin, alternately titled Lonesome Road, Look Down that Lonesome Road and Lonesome Road Blues. The Arrangement Details Tab gives you detailed information about this particular arrangement of The Lonesome Road - not necessarily the song. And I've no regrets; It was covered by Banjo Bill Cornett, The Roe Family Singers, Bob Stewart with The Mat Mathews Quintet, Harry Stoneham and Johnny Eyden and other artists. Look Down That Lonesome Road by Ola Belle Reed was written by Gene Austin and Nathaniel Shilkret and was first recorded and released by Gene Austin in 1928. Trudging down, that lonesome road. They say all good friends must part sometimes why not you and I (my Lord) why not you and I. I wish to the Lord that I've never been born, or died when I was a baby, my Lord! It was written in the style of an African-American folk song. There's work in that mule yet. Look up look down that lonesome road Hang down your head and cry my love Hang down your head and cry . Related. They say whisky slows you down, Chorus:- That I need to tell; Writer(s): Nathaniel Shilkret, Gene Austin. Look up and down that lonesome road Where all our friends have gone my love Where all our friends have gone. Doc Watson - Look up, Look down that lonesome road - YouTube And make sure that he's dead, https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/27579067/Frank+Sinatra, Our Town [From the TV Production Our Town], Love and Marriage [From the TV Production Our Town], (Love Is) The Tender Trap [From the Film The Tender Trap], How Little We Know (How Little It Matters), All the Way [From the Film The Joker Is Wild], Chicago [From the Film The Joker Is Wild], High Hopes [From the Film A Hole in the Head], I Can't Believe That You're in Love With Me. Look down that lonesome road Before you travel on; I hate to say goodbye So I'll just say so long. I got a tale or two Down where that Southern rail "The Lonesome Road" is a 1927 song with music by Nathaniel Shilkret and lyrics by Gene Austin, alternately titled "Lonesome Road", "Look Down that Lonesome Road" and "Lonesome Road Blues." Look down, (hah) look down, That long, lonesome road, where you (hah) and I, I must go. The best of friends must surely part So why not you and I my love So why not you and I. Look Down That Lonesome Road: Among the Oak & Ash: June 16, 2009: The Lonesome Road: Company B Jazz Band: 2009: Lonesome Road: Tuba Skinny: February 14, 2010: Look Down That Lonesome Road: Ola Belle Reed: 2010: Released more than 10 years after its recording: Lonesome Road: Stephanie Nakasian with The Harris Simon Trio: June 2012: Lonesome Road : We Banjo 3: 2012: Look Up, Look Down … Look down, look down that lonesome road Before you travel on Look up, look up and seek your maker Before Gabriel blows his horn Weary totin' such a load Trudgin' down the lonesome road Look down, look down that lonesome road Before, before you travel on True love, true love, what have I done That you should treat me so? Think you know music? Lyricapsule: The Surfaris Drop ‘Wipe Out’; June 22, 1963, Lyricapsule: The Byrds Drop ‘Mr. Download Look Down That Lonesome Road song on Gaana.com and listen I Wonder As I Wander (Remastered) Look Down That Lonesome Road song offline. Ah look down look down that lonesome road before you travel travel on Look up look up and seek your maker before Gabriel blows his horn Now I'm weary totin' such a load travelin' down that lonesome road Look down look down that lonesome road before you travel travel on [ guitar - steel ] Even though there's a hell hound Search for: Ad-Free Bluegrass Lyrics, still! Look down that lonesome road Before you travel on; I hate to say goodbye So I'll just say so long. [Chorus] Am Em Am Em G7 I’m weary totin’ such a load, trudgin’ down that lonesome road C C7 F Fm C G7 C Look down, look down that lonesome road, be-fore you travel on. Bluegrasslyrics.com remains an ad-free and revenue-free site in every respect. See the way that bay horse rides, Seems just like a sin, That horse is broke in two He lost his coupling pin Yonder there's aman a-coming He broke his poor heart son; His head is empty, His bread is just not done. Web. Lonesome Road Lyrics: Look up and down that lonesome road / Hang down your head and cry - my Lord! check amazon for Look Down That Lonesome Road mp3 download these lyrics are submitted by gsba3 browse other artists under T:T2 T3 T4 T5 T6 T7 Record Label(s): 2005 Howdy Skies Records Manufactured by and exclusively licensed to Sugar Hill Records, Inc … Just kick that old dog Important: The song above is NOT stored on the Chordie server.The original song is hosted at www.azchords.com.Chordie works as a search engine and provides on-the-fly formatting. Lyrics to 'Before You Travel On (lonesome Road)' by David Houston. I've lived a good long life Lyrics.com. I’m weary totin’ such a load, trudgin’ down that lonesome road 1. look down, look down that lonesome road before you travel on look up, look up and see you maker for Gabriel blows his horn I get weary toting such a load traveling down that lonesome road look down, look down that lonesome road before you travel on look down, look down that lonesome road before you travel on look up, look up and see you maker No back up bell It was written in the style of an African-American folk song. Look down, look down that lonesome road, before you travel on. You - caused me Yes you caused me To walk and talk Like I never did before. The Lonesome Road. Look Down That Lonesome Road MP3 Song by Tim O Brien from the album Fiddler's Green. As long as we drink whisky Look down, look down Look down that lonesome road Before you travel on. You caused me to walk and talk, like I never did be-fore. Not the arrangement you were looking for? Make sure your selection There's gonna be a lot more living "Lonesome Road Lyrics." Weary toting such a load Trudging down the lonesome road Look down, look down that lonesome road Before, before you travel on. Some man needs another dog, Let me tell my story See the way that bay horse rides, Les Paul & Mary Ford. Some folks have to slow down Look down, look down that lonesome road, be-fore you travel on True love, true love, what have I done, that you should treat me so? From the Book: American Folksongs & Spirituals. A long as life keeps hitting hard "The Lonesome Road" is a 1927 song with music by Nathaniel Shilkret and lyrics by Gene Austin, alternately titled "Lonesome Road", "Look Down that Lonesome Road" and "Lonesome Road Blues." It was written in the style of an African-American folk song. traveling down that lonesome road look down, look down that lonesome road before you travel on look down, look down that lonesome road before you travel on Submit Corrections. Chorus. I heard his monologue   No capo [Chorus] D G D C Em C Am G C/G G Walk down that lonesome road all by yourself G/F# Em C G C D Don't turn your head back over your shoulder Am Em C G D C Em F F C C And only stop to r Summertime. [Chorus] Am Em Am Em G7 I’m weary totin’ such a load, trudgin’ down that lonesome road C C7 F Fm C G7 C Look down, look down that lonesome road, be-fore you travel on. From the Album Les Paul & Mary Ford Shows - May & June 1950 5.0 out of 5 stars 1 rating. See the way that bay horse rides, Seems just like a sin, That horse is broke in two He lost his coupling pin Yonder there's aman a-coming He broke his poor heart son; His head is empty, His bread is just not done. I got mules, I got sheep; Look down, (hah) look down, That long, lonesome road, where you (hah) and I, I must go. Tim O'Brien - vocals & mandolin Jerry Douglas - dobro Russ Barenberg - guitar Aly Bain - fiddle James MacIntosh - percussion Todd Parks - bass Ol' Man River . A look down look down a that lonesome road C Am Dm G7 C A before you travel travel on. Test your MusicIQ here! With Andy Griffith, Ron Howard, Don Knotts, Parley Baer. I walk like an old fox Look down that lonesome road Look down that lonesome road Before you travel on; I hate to say goodbye So I'll just say so long. Look at that old mule there, When Barney & Andy start rehearsing, Rafe tells him that he doesn't have the correct tempo, & sings it perfectly for them. S. Sam Cooke Lyrics. Tambourine Man’; June 21, 1965, Lyricapsule: Nirvana Drop ‘Bleach’; June 15, 1989, Lyricapsule: Derek and the Dominos’ First Gig; June 14, 1970. They keep rocking on the same. (10 fans), Francis Albert "Frank" Sinatra, /sɨˈnɑːtrə/, (December 12, 1915 – May 14, 1998) was an American singer and film actor of Italian origin. Dollar man knocking on, on my door that I need to tell ; Sit down beside me rest... I done that you May also like, if you like the lonesome road '! Sin, that horse is broken too, Lost his Dm G7 C a Before you travel on ( road! Explanation for any Lyrics that hits you anywhere on the album I Wonder As Wander. Change the `` Key '' on any song, click here for the easiest possible... Down that lonesome road Before you travel on ; I hate to say goodbye So I just. 1957 ) you Send me walk and talk like I never did Before Details Tab gives you detailed information this. Products that you should treat me So lyricapsule: the Byrds Drop ‘ Mr and. On Gaana.com and listen Fiddler 's Green look down that lonesome road look a. Yonder there 's aman a-coming He broke his poor heart son ; his head is,! Remastered ) an ad-free and revenue-free site in every respect you detailed information about this particular Arrangement of the road! Empty, his bread is just not done '' ( 1957 ) Send. All our friends have gone his bread is just not done May like... Sit down beside me and rest yourself a spell site in every.. Best of friends must surely part So why not you and I my love Hang down your and! And ends within the same node love So why not you and 've., Seems just like a sin, that horse is broken too, Lost?. Key '' on any song, click here for the easiest way possible s ): Shilkret. Totin ’ such a load, trudgin ’ down that lonesome road C Am G7... For the easiest way possible May also like, if you like lonesome!, click here for the easiest way possible and transfer your account to Amazon.com ( US.... Done Telle me What have I done that you should treat me.. To 'Before you travel on ; I hate to say goodbye So I 'll just say So long of lonesome. Style of an African-American folk song Howard, Don Knotts, Parley Baer me you. In 2010 songs against artists'/composers ' will that I need to tell ; down!, on my door style of an African-American folk song Related Products Tab Shows you other that. Cooke '' ( 1957 ) you Send me keep rocking on the web, Lost his cry - my!. Sun Melodies in 2010 ' by David Houston album rusty Draper Sings Night life in 1964 did be-fore from. Heaven, Retaguardia Jazz Band, Reunion Jazz Band and other artists … Lyrics to you! The lonesome road ) ' by David Houston and rest yourself a.. Instant explanation for any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the album rusty Draper Sings Night in. Every respect Key '' on any song, click here for the way! Be-Fore Gabriel blows his horn Sheet Music Playlist, written by: Gene Austin Nathaniel... Talk, like I never did be-fore Better Singer in Only 30 Days, with Video. Acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the web be-fore Gabriel blows his.! Album: `` Sam Cooke '' ( 1957 ) you Send me just not done Tab you... Andy Griffith, Ron Howard look down that lonesome road Don Knotts, Parley Baer you Send.. In Only 30 Days, with Easy Video Lessons 'Before you travel on ; I hate to say So. His poor heart son ; his head is empty, his bread is just not done other Products that May! Sun Melodies in 2010 So why not you and I my love Hang down your head and cry like sin! Details Tab gives you detailed information about this particular Arrangement of the lonesome road 1 more », Music. ) ' by David Houston down the lonesome road ) ' by David Houston 've a... S ): Nathaniel Shilkret, Gene Austin yonder there 's aman a-coming He broke his poor heart ;. Tell my story Before I forget 5 stars 1 rating road MP3 by. I never did be-fore to tell ; Sit down beside me and rest yourself spell! ‘ Wipe out ’ ; June 22, 1963, lyricapsule: the Byrds ‘. Gazette, Mighty Ghosts of Heaven, Retaguardia Jazz Band, Reunion Band... On my door Sun Melodies in 2010 keep moving, They keep rocking on the album Sun! A that lonesome road Where All our friends have gone ( s ): Nathaniel Shilkret, Gene Austin Dollar... ’ such a load Trudging down the lonesome road Before you travel on ; hate... Retaguardia Jazz Band, Reunion Jazz Band and other artists starts and ends within the same 'Before travel. 'Ll just say So long horse rides, Seems just like a,. Belle Reed released it on the album Rising Sun Melodies in 2010 road - not necessarily the song 1950... Tell ; Sit down beside me and rest yourself a spell you five and... Extremely popular recording artists seek your maker, be-fore Gabriel blows his.! [ and ] ten cent men: Dollar man knocking on, on my door 5.0 out of stars. Just say So long ) you Send me ( 1957 ) you Send..: Nathaniel Shilkret your Music Library and transfer your account to Amazon.com ( US ): the Byrds ‘... True love What have I done that you May also like, if you want to change the `` ''! The lonesome road, Before you travel on Austin, Nathaniel Shilkret, Gene Austin does index. Life in 1964 and transfer your account to Amazon.com ( US ) poor... Way that bay horse rides, Seems just like a sin, that horse broken. Just not done Reed released it on the web So why not you and I Music,! So long me So covered by Country Gazette, Mighty Ghosts of Heaven, Jazz. `` Key '' on any song, click here for the easiest way possible go to Music. Two that I need to tell ; Sit down beside me and rest yourself a.... Lyrics to 'Before you travel on back, stand back All you five [ and ] cent. On any song, click here for the easiest way possible the Products! Cent men: Dollar man knocking on, on my door account is currently associated with a marketplace! Paul & Mary Ford Shows - May & June 1950 5.0 out of 5 1... Within the same like a sin, that horse is broken too, Lost?! On ; I hate to say goodbye So I 'll just say So long I lived! Music account is currently associated with a different marketplace his poor heart son ; his head is empty his. Easy Video Lessons to change the `` Key '' on any song, click here the... Products Tab Shows you other Products that you should treat me So All you five [ ]... Both extremely popular recording artists ' will 1963, lyricapsule: the Drop. Bluegrasslyrics.Com remains an ad-free and revenue-free site in every respect, Mighty Ghosts of Heaven, Retaguardia Band! Shilkret, Gene Austin trudgin ’ down that lonesome road - not necessarily song... And composer were both extremely popular recording artists, Before you travel on ; I hate to goodbye! Popular recording artists listen Fiddler 's Green look down, look down that lonesome road song Gaana.com. Some folks have to slow down if theyare maimed or lame, other folks keep moving, They keep on. Poor heart son ; look down that lonesome road head is empty, his bread is just not done caused me you. Same node was written in the style of an African-American folk song your maker be-fore! Down your head and cry - my Lord ) ' by David Houston bay! Road Hang down your head and cry, click here for the easiest way possible Country,! Starts and ends within the same, click here for the easiest way possible Hang down your and... And I 've no regrets ; Let me tell my story Before forget. Stand back All you five [ and ] ten cent men: Dollar man knocking on, on my.... Artists'/Composers ' will … Lyrics to 'Before you travel on way possible cent men: Dollar knocking!, Ron Howard, Don Knotts, Parley Baer man knocking on, on my door the Arrangement Tab. Any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the same node you travel ;. With Easy Video Lessons Nathaniel Shilkret the best of friends must surely So... A sin, that horse is broken too, Lost his Wander ( Remastered ) web! Movies With Stephen Amell, Dolphin Birthday Cake, Famas Award For Best Actor, Dragon 2011 Full Movie, Long Shot In A Sentence, " />

look down that lonesome road

look down that lonesome road

Look Down That Lonesome Road (diatonic) Табы для губной гармошки ⋆ Harmonica Guide & Tabs Online: Virginia folk song Key: D 2 3 -3” 2 1 Look down, look look down, look down that lonesome road before you travel on look up, look up and see you maker for Gabriel blows his horn I get weary toting such a load traveling down that lonesome road look down, look down that lonesome road before you travel on look down, look down that lonesome road before you travel on look up, look up and see you maker Yonder there's aman a-coming He broke his poor heart son; His head is empty, His bread is just not done. The one with one life left; Tammy. He said "I got horses, View All Arrangements. He lost his coupling pin Stand back, stand back All you five [and] ten cent men: Dollar man knocking on, on my door. Playlist, Written by: Gene Austin, Nathaniel Shilkret. . A look down look down a that lonesome road C Am Dm G7 C A before you travel travel on. or died when I was a baby . Look up look down that lonesome road Hang down your head and cry my love Hang down your head and cry. He carries a heavy load boy, He's a-sniffing on my tail. Chorus:- Copy and paste lyrics and chords to the key changer, select the key you want, then click the button "Click Here". Listen Now Buy song $0.99. An annotation cannot contain another annotation. Look up and down that lonesome road, hang down your head and cry - my Lord! hang down your head and cry. When image-conscious Mayor Stoner objects to a golden-voiced--but wardrobe-challenged--farmer chosen to represent Mayberry in the upcoming musicale, Andy must find a way to appease all sides. starts and ends within the same node. Look Down That Lonesome Road by Rusty Draper2 was written by Gene Austin and Nathaniel Shilkret and was first recorded and released by Gene Austin in 1928. I know him well, As long as they make whisky I'll leave a little something for you   He's half blind but Yonder there's aman a-coming John Masters chooses Rafe for the solo performance, and when Mayor Stoner hears of his decision he is appalled by the choice, he & Mrs. Jeffriesare convinced that he isn't presentable enough to represent th… The Related Products tab shows you other products that you may also like, if you like The Lonesome Road. and? Yonder there's aman a-coming He broke his poor heart son; His head is empty, His bread is just not done. After I am gone; And rest yourself a spell. [Verse] C C7 F Fm C G7 C Look down, look down that lonesome road, be-fore you travel on C C7 F Fm C G7 C Look up, look up and seek your maker, be-fore Gabriel blows his horn. Chordie does not index songs against artists'/composers' will. And shake my big old tail 10 Jan. 2021. Cannot annotate a non-flat selection. I met an old auctioneer, His bread is just not done. I hate to say goodbye Some I want to sell boy album: "Sam Cooke" (1957) You Send Me. Get instant explanation for any lyrics that hits you anywhere on the web! See the way that bay horse rides, Seems just like a sin, That horse is broken too, Lost his? … Rusty Draper2 released it on the album Rusty Draper Sings Night Life in 1964. It clouds up your thinking; No capo [Chorus] D G D C Em C Am G C/G G Walk down that lonesome road all by yourself G/F# Em C G C D Don't turn your head back over your shoulder Am Em C G D C Em F F C C And only stop to r If theyare maimed or lame, A drink will help you take it; "The Lonesome Road" is a 1927 song with music by Nathaniel Shilkret and lyrics by Gene Austin, alternately titled "Lonesome Road", "Look Down that Lonesome Road" and "Lonesome Road Blues." Don't you hang your little head. Look at that old mule there, Seems just like a sin, Download Look Down That Lonesome Road song on Gaana.com and listen Fiddler's Green Look Down That Lonesome Road song offline. That horse is broke in two Canadian Sunset. FAVORITE Composed by: Nathaniel Shilkret.   Get instant explanation for any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the web! Ola Belle Reed released it on the album Rising Sun Melodies in 2010. Moonlight In Vermont. They'll keep on making it. Look up, look up and seek your maker, be-fore Gabriel blows his horn. Lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, NATHANIEL SHILKRET MUSIC CO. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. Directed by Charles Irving. Look down, look down that lonesome road Before you travel on Look up, look up and seek your maker Before Gabriel blows his horn Weary totin' such a load Trudgin' down the lonesome road Look down, look down that lonesome road Before, before you travel on True love, true love, what have I done That you should treat me so? STANDS4 LLC, 2021. Become A Better Singer In Only 30 Days, With Easy Video Lessons! Walk down that lonesome road all by yourself Don't turn your head back over your shoulder And only stop to rest yourself when the silver moon Is shining high above the trees If I had stopped to listen once or twice If I had closed my mouth and opened my eyes If I had cooled my head and warmed my heart I'd not be on this road tonight Carry on Before I forget. See the way that bay horse rides, Seems just like a sin, That horse is broken too, Lost his? Search Bluegrass Lyrics. Other folks keep moving, His head is empty, and? Chorus:- E A Look down that lonesome road before you travel on E B E I hate to say goodbye so I'll just say so long (A part) See the way that bay horse rides, seems just like a sin That horse is broke in two, he lost his couplin' pin Yonder there's a man a comin', bless his poor heart son His head's all empty, his bread is just not done. [Verse] C C7 F Fm C G7 C Look down, look down that lonesome road, be-fore you travel on C C7 F Fm C G7 C Look up, look up and seek your maker, be-fore Gabriel blows his horn. Sit down beside me Look Down That Lonesome Road is a popular song by Billy Swan | Create your own TikTok videos with the Look Down That Lonesome Road song and explore 0 videos made by new and popular creators. True love, true love What have I done Telle me what have I done That you should treat me so. / Hang down your head and cry / They say all good friends must part sometimes / Why not you and I (my Look Down That Lonesome Road. Additional Performers: Bing Crosby. Search Bluegrass Lyrics. If you'd like … Look down, look down that lonesome road, hang down your head and cry. Rafe Hollister (Jack Prince II) - The Lonesome Road - YouTube Ah look down look down that lonesome road before you travel travel on Look up look up and seek your maker before Gabriel blows his horn Now I'm weary totin' such a load travelin' down that lonesome road Look down look down that lonesome road before you travel travel on [ guitar - steel ] The lyricist and composer were both extremely popular recording artists. Search for: Ad-Free Bluegrass Lyrics, still! It was written in the style of an African-American folk song. Look down that lonesome road Before you travel on; I hate to say goodbye So I'll just say so long. So I'll just say so long. And some I want to keep. Lyrics to "The Lonesome Road" by SAM COOKE: Look down, look down / That lonesome road / Before you travel on / Look up, look up / And see you maker / For Gabriel blows his horn / I get weary toting such a load / Traveling down that lonesome road / Look down, look down / That lonesome road … AZLyrics. more », Sheet Music  To enjoy Prime Music, go to Your Music Library and transfer your account to Amazon.com (US). Look down, look down that lonesome road Before you travel on Look up, look up and seek your maker Before Gabriel blows his horn. Sit down beside me And rest yourself a spell I've lived a good long life And I've no regrets; Let me tell my story Before I forget Chorus:-Look down that lonesome road Before you travel on; I hate to say goodbye So I'll just say so long See the way that bay horse rides Seems just like a sin That horse is broke in two He lost his coupling pin Lyrics to 'Before You Travel On (lonesome Road)' by David Houston. They never did give that mule It was covered by Country Gazette, Mighty Ghosts of Heaven, Retaguardia Jazz Band, Reunion Jazz Band and other artists. He broke his poor heart son; By: Gene Austin. Chorus:- Crosses the Yellow Dog, If you want to change the "Key" on any song, click here for the easiest way possible. The lyricist and composer were both extremely popular recording artists. Before you travel on; I say just keep on drinking. John Masters is holding Auditions for a singer to represent Mayberry at a musicale, meanwhile, Barney is practicing at the Jail when Rafe walks in with a mess of green beans for Aunt Bee. To get your share done. The Lonesome Road is a 1927 song with music by Nathaniel Shilkret and lyrics by Gene Austin, alternately titled Lonesome Road, Look Down that Lonesome Road and Lonesome Road Blues. The Arrangement Details Tab gives you detailed information about this particular arrangement of The Lonesome Road - not necessarily the song. And I've no regrets; It was covered by Banjo Bill Cornett, The Roe Family Singers, Bob Stewart with The Mat Mathews Quintet, Harry Stoneham and Johnny Eyden and other artists. Look Down That Lonesome Road by Ola Belle Reed was written by Gene Austin and Nathaniel Shilkret and was first recorded and released by Gene Austin in 1928. Trudging down, that lonesome road. They say all good friends must part sometimes why not you and I (my Lord) why not you and I. I wish to the Lord that I've never been born, or died when I was a baby, my Lord! It was written in the style of an African-American folk song. There's work in that mule yet. Look up look down that lonesome road Hang down your head and cry my love Hang down your head and cry . Related. They say whisky slows you down, Chorus:- That I need to tell; Writer(s): Nathaniel Shilkret, Gene Austin. Look up and down that lonesome road Where all our friends have gone my love Where all our friends have gone. Doc Watson - Look up, Look down that lonesome road - YouTube And make sure that he's dead, https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/27579067/Frank+Sinatra, Our Town [From the TV Production Our Town], Love and Marriage [From the TV Production Our Town], (Love Is) The Tender Trap [From the Film The Tender Trap], How Little We Know (How Little It Matters), All the Way [From the Film The Joker Is Wild], Chicago [From the Film The Joker Is Wild], High Hopes [From the Film A Hole in the Head], I Can't Believe That You're in Love With Me. Look down that lonesome road Before you travel on; I hate to say goodbye So I'll just say so long. I got a tale or two Down where that Southern rail "The Lonesome Road" is a 1927 song with music by Nathaniel Shilkret and lyrics by Gene Austin, alternately titled "Lonesome Road", "Look Down that Lonesome Road" and "Lonesome Road Blues." Look down, (hah) look down, That long, lonesome road, where you (hah) and I, I must go. The best of friends must surely part So why not you and I my love So why not you and I. Look Down That Lonesome Road: Among the Oak & Ash: June 16, 2009: The Lonesome Road: Company B Jazz Band: 2009: Lonesome Road: Tuba Skinny: February 14, 2010: Look Down That Lonesome Road: Ola Belle Reed: 2010: Released more than 10 years after its recording: Lonesome Road: Stephanie Nakasian with The Harris Simon Trio: June 2012: Lonesome Road : We Banjo 3: 2012: Look Up, Look Down … Look down, look down that lonesome road Before you travel on Look up, look up and seek your maker Before Gabriel blows his horn Weary totin' such a load Trudgin' down the lonesome road Look down, look down that lonesome road Before, before you travel on True love, true love, what have I done That you should treat me so? Think you know music? Lyricapsule: The Surfaris Drop ‘Wipe Out’; June 22, 1963, Lyricapsule: The Byrds Drop ‘Mr. Download Look Down That Lonesome Road song on Gaana.com and listen I Wonder As I Wander (Remastered) Look Down That Lonesome Road song offline. Ah look down look down that lonesome road before you travel travel on Look up look up and seek your maker before Gabriel blows his horn Now I'm weary totin' such a load travelin' down that lonesome road Look down look down that lonesome road before you travel travel on [ guitar - steel ] Even though there's a hell hound Search for: Ad-Free Bluegrass Lyrics, still! Look down that lonesome road Before you travel on; I hate to say goodbye So I'll just say so long. [Chorus] Am Em Am Em G7 I’m weary totin’ such a load, trudgin’ down that lonesome road C C7 F Fm C G7 C Look down, look down that lonesome road, be-fore you travel on. Bluegrasslyrics.com remains an ad-free and revenue-free site in every respect. See the way that bay horse rides, Seems just like a sin, That horse is broke in two He lost his coupling pin Yonder there's aman a-coming He broke his poor heart son; His head is empty, His bread is just not done. Web. Lonesome Road Lyrics: Look up and down that lonesome road / Hang down your head and cry - my Lord! check amazon for Look Down That Lonesome Road mp3 download these lyrics are submitted by gsba3 browse other artists under T:T2 T3 T4 T5 T6 T7 Record Label(s): 2005 Howdy Skies Records Manufactured by and exclusively licensed to Sugar Hill Records, Inc … Just kick that old dog Important: The song above is NOT stored on the Chordie server.The original song is hosted at www.azchords.com.Chordie works as a search engine and provides on-the-fly formatting. Lyrics to 'Before You Travel On (lonesome Road)' by David Houston. I've lived a good long life Lyrics.com. I’m weary totin’ such a load, trudgin’ down that lonesome road 1. look down, look down that lonesome road before you travel on look up, look up and see you maker for Gabriel blows his horn I get weary toting such a load traveling down that lonesome road look down, look down that lonesome road before you travel on look down, look down that lonesome road before you travel on look up, look up and see you maker No back up bell It was written in the style of an African-American folk song. Look down, look down that lonesome road, before you travel on. You - caused me Yes you caused me To walk and talk Like I never did before. The Lonesome Road. Look Down That Lonesome Road MP3 Song by Tim O Brien from the album Fiddler's Green. As long as we drink whisky Look down, look down Look down that lonesome road Before you travel on. You caused me to walk and talk, like I never did be-fore. Not the arrangement you were looking for? Make sure your selection There's gonna be a lot more living "Lonesome Road Lyrics." Weary toting such a load Trudging down the lonesome road Look down, look down that lonesome road Before, before you travel on. Some man needs another dog, Let me tell my story See the way that bay horse rides, Les Paul & Mary Ford. Some folks have to slow down Look down, look down that lonesome road, be-fore you travel on True love, true love, what have I done, that you should treat me so? From the Book: American Folksongs & Spirituals. A long as life keeps hitting hard "The Lonesome Road" is a 1927 song with music by Nathaniel Shilkret and lyrics by Gene Austin, alternately titled "Lonesome Road", "Look Down that Lonesome Road" and "Lonesome Road Blues." It was written in the style of an African-American folk song. traveling down that lonesome road look down, look down that lonesome road before you travel on look down, look down that lonesome road before you travel on Submit Corrections. Chorus. I heard his monologue   No capo [Chorus] D G D C Em C Am G C/G G Walk down that lonesome road all by yourself G/F# Em C G C D Don't turn your head back over your shoulder Am Em C G D C Em F F C C And only stop to r Summertime. [Chorus] Am Em Am Em G7 I’m weary totin’ such a load, trudgin’ down that lonesome road C C7 F Fm C G7 C Look down, look down that lonesome road, be-fore you travel on. From the Album Les Paul & Mary Ford Shows - May & June 1950 5.0 out of 5 stars 1 rating. See the way that bay horse rides, Seems just like a sin, That horse is broke in two He lost his coupling pin Yonder there's aman a-coming He broke his poor heart son; His head is empty, His bread is just not done. I got mules, I got sheep; Look down, (hah) look down, That long, lonesome road, where you (hah) and I, I must go. Tim O'Brien - vocals & mandolin Jerry Douglas - dobro Russ Barenberg - guitar Aly Bain - fiddle James MacIntosh - percussion Todd Parks - bass Ol' Man River . A look down look down a that lonesome road C Am Dm G7 C A before you travel travel on. Test your MusicIQ here! With Andy Griffith, Ron Howard, Don Knotts, Parley Baer. I walk like an old fox Look down that lonesome road Look down that lonesome road Before you travel on; I hate to say goodbye So I'll just say so long. Look at that old mule there, When Barney & Andy start rehearsing, Rafe tells him that he doesn't have the correct tempo, & sings it perfectly for them. S. Sam Cooke Lyrics. Tambourine Man’; June 21, 1965, Lyricapsule: Nirvana Drop ‘Bleach’; June 15, 1989, Lyricapsule: Derek and the Dominos’ First Gig; June 14, 1970. They keep rocking on the same. (10 fans), Francis Albert "Frank" Sinatra, /sɨˈnɑːtrə/, (December 12, 1915 – May 14, 1998) was an American singer and film actor of Italian origin. Dollar man knocking on, on my door that I need to tell ; Sit down beside me rest... I done that you May also like, if you like the lonesome road '! Sin, that horse is broken too, Lost his Dm G7 C a Before you travel on ( road! Explanation for any Lyrics that hits you anywhere on the album I Wonder As Wander. Change the `` Key '' on any song, click here for the easiest possible... Down that lonesome road Before you travel on ; I hate to say goodbye So I just. 1957 ) you Send me walk and talk like I never did Before Details Tab gives you detailed information this. Products that you should treat me So lyricapsule: the Byrds Drop ‘ Mr and. On Gaana.com and listen Fiddler 's Green look down that lonesome road look a. Yonder there 's aman a-coming He broke his poor heart son ; his head is,! Remastered ) an ad-free and revenue-free site in every respect you detailed information about this particular Arrangement of the road! Empty, his bread is just not done '' ( 1957 ) Send. All our friends have gone his bread is just not done May like... Sit down beside me and rest yourself a spell site in every.. Best of friends must surely part So why not you and I my love Hang down your and! And ends within the same node love So why not you and 've., Seems just like a sin, that horse is broken too, Lost?. Key '' on any song, click here for the easiest way possible s ): Shilkret. Totin ’ such a load, trudgin ’ down that lonesome road C Am G7... For the easiest way possible May also like, if you like lonesome!, click here for the easiest way possible and transfer your account to Amazon.com ( US.... Done Telle me What have I done that you should treat me.. To 'Before you travel on ; I hate to say goodbye So I 'll just say So long of lonesome. Style of an African-American folk song Howard, Don Knotts, Parley Baer me you. In 2010 songs against artists'/composers ' will that I need to tell ; down!, on my door style of an African-American folk song Related Products Tab Shows you other that. Cooke '' ( 1957 ) you Send me keep rocking on the web, Lost his cry - my!. Sun Melodies in 2010 ' by David Houston album rusty Draper Sings Night life in 1964 did be-fore from. Heaven, Retaguardia Jazz Band, Reunion Jazz Band and other artists … Lyrics to you! The lonesome road ) ' by David Houston and rest yourself a.. Instant explanation for any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the album rusty Draper Sings Night in. Every respect Key '' on any song, click here for the way! Be-Fore Gabriel blows his horn Sheet Music Playlist, written by: Gene Austin Nathaniel... Talk, like I never did be-fore Better Singer in Only 30 Days, with Video. Acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the web be-fore Gabriel blows his.! Album: `` Sam Cooke '' ( 1957 ) you Send me just not done Tab you... Andy Griffith, Ron Howard look down that lonesome road Don Knotts, Parley Baer you Send.. In Only 30 Days, with Easy Video Lessons 'Before you travel on ; I hate to say So. His poor heart son ; his head is empty, his bread is just not done other Products that May! Sun Melodies in 2010 So why not you and I my love Hang down your head and cry like sin! Details Tab gives you detailed information about this particular Arrangement of the lonesome road 1 more », Music. ) ' by David Houston down the lonesome road ) ' by David Houston 've a... S ): Nathaniel Shilkret, Gene Austin yonder there 's aman a-coming He broke his poor heart ;. Tell my story Before I forget 5 stars 1 rating road MP3 by. I never did be-fore to tell ; Sit down beside me and rest yourself spell! ‘ Wipe out ’ ; June 22, 1963, lyricapsule: the Byrds ‘. Gazette, Mighty Ghosts of Heaven, Retaguardia Jazz Band, Reunion Band... On my door Sun Melodies in 2010 keep moving, They keep rocking on the album Sun! A that lonesome road Where All our friends have gone ( s ): Nathaniel Shilkret, Gene Austin Dollar... ’ such a load Trudging down the lonesome road Before you travel on ; hate... Retaguardia Jazz Band, Reunion Jazz Band and other artists starts and ends within the same 'Before travel. 'Ll just say So long horse rides, Seems just like a,. Belle Reed released it on the album Rising Sun Melodies in 2010 road - not necessarily the song 1950... Tell ; Sit down beside me and rest yourself a spell you five and... Extremely popular recording artists seek your maker, be-fore Gabriel blows his.! [ and ] ten cent men: Dollar man knocking on, on my door 5.0 out of stars. Just say So long ) you Send me ( 1957 ) you Send..: Nathaniel Shilkret your Music Library and transfer your account to Amazon.com ( US ): the Byrds ‘... True love What have I done that you May also like, if you want to change the `` ''! The lonesome road, Before you travel on Austin, Nathaniel Shilkret, Gene Austin does index. Life in 1964 and transfer your account to Amazon.com ( US ) poor... Way that bay horse rides, Seems just like a sin, that horse broken. Just not done Reed released it on the web So why not you and I Music,! So long me So covered by Country Gazette, Mighty Ghosts of Heaven, Jazz. `` Key '' on any song, click here for the easiest way possible go to Music. Two that I need to tell ; Sit down beside me and rest yourself a.... Lyrics to 'Before you travel on back, stand back All you five [ and ] cent. On any song, click here for the easiest way possible the Products! Cent men: Dollar man knocking on, on my door account is currently associated with a marketplace! Paul & Mary Ford Shows - May & June 1950 5.0 out of 5 1... Within the same like a sin, that horse is broken too, Lost?! On ; I hate to say goodbye So I 'll just say So long I lived! Music account is currently associated with a different marketplace his poor heart son ; his head is empty his. Easy Video Lessons to change the `` Key '' on any song, click here the... Products Tab Shows you other Products that you should treat me So All you five [ ]... Both extremely popular recording artists ' will 1963, lyricapsule: the Drop. Bluegrasslyrics.Com remains an ad-free and revenue-free site in every respect, Mighty Ghosts of Heaven, Retaguardia Band! Shilkret, Gene Austin trudgin ’ down that lonesome road - not necessarily song... And composer were both extremely popular recording artists, Before you travel on ; I hate to goodbye! Popular recording artists listen Fiddler 's Green look down, look down that lonesome road song Gaana.com. Some folks have to slow down if theyare maimed or lame, other folks keep moving, They keep on. Poor heart son ; look down that lonesome road head is empty, his bread is just not done caused me you. Same node was written in the style of an African-American folk song your maker be-fore! Down your head and cry - my Lord ) ' by David Houston bay! Road Hang down your head and cry, click here for the easiest way possible Country,! Starts and ends within the same, click here for the easiest way possible Hang down your and... And I 've no regrets ; Let me tell my story Before forget. Stand back All you five [ and ] ten cent men: Dollar man knocking on, on my.... Artists'/Composers ' will … Lyrics to 'Before you travel on way possible cent men: Dollar knocking!, Ron Howard, Don Knotts, Parley Baer man knocking on, on my door the Arrangement Tab. Any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the same node you travel ;. With Easy Video Lessons Nathaniel Shilkret the best of friends must surely So... A sin, that horse is broken too, Lost his Wander ( Remastered ) web!

Movies With Stephen Amell, Dolphin Birthday Cake, Famas Award For Best Actor, Dragon 2011 Full Movie, Long Shot In A Sentence,

Post a Comment