Clearance Shoes Online, Computer Science Field, Jazz Piano Technique Exercises, Etudes & Ideas For Building Chops, Famous Filipino Bakery, Graphic Design Certificate Programs Near Me, " />

latin abbreviations in german church records

latin abbreviations in german church records

Also includes a list of Latin and Hungarian terms for occupations and causes of death. – “ehelich” (legitimate, as in a child is legitimate). My experience has been that HSS stands for Hanss. [The original link is broken. Email me the image at one of the email addresses found on this page: http://www.mattkmiller.com and I'll take a look. The two most valuable are records of the sacraments of baptism and marriage.Baptismal records include the date of baptism, child's full name, parents' names (and mother's maiden name), names of godparents (sponsors), and signature of the priest. So, let's say you know what tow... My father served in the Navy during the Korean War. Latin was the main written language of Europe throughout the Middle Ages, despite the fact that most people used some other language in their daily life.Records surviving from this era remain of interest to many but some, such as church registers, remain untranslated, therefore a knowledge of the Latin form of common English names remains invaluable for genealogists. Latin texts. This is Part 2 of German Church Record Basics - Latin Records. Today, we’ll be discussing abbreviations and symbols used in Latin and German records. Catholic records were generally kept in Latin, Protestant records in German, Orthodox records in Russian. – “eodem” (the same). We had hit a brick wall in our, 19 Most Common Abbreviations in German Genealogy. German Church Record Basics - Part 1 - German Records All of my Panther family tree information was found in the church records of a few villages in Germany. Common in many church records and baptismal certificates. I've been trying t... You can find my email address on my genealogy link page: http://matthewkmiller.blogspot.com/2013/12/german-church-record-basics-part-1.html . Required fields are marked *. Latin Basics . MA stands for Mary, Mariah, Marie, Maria………… Hanss also stands for Johann and John depending on your culture. Here is a sample of each of the types of German church book records: German Birth/Baptismal (Geburten/Taufen) Record. or d. um. Hi Matt,Great post! Bez. In the early records, the column headings are also handwritten. I can't figure out what the s.m.e. But it doesn’t have to be so difficult! 1712. –  “weiland” (deceased or the late). Together, we can conquer German genealogy! abgegangen left for Abs. soul. There is also a useful timeline. Language Lang. Typically, Latin was used in the more rural, Irish-speaking parishes while English was used in urban districts. Hss. Any ideas? liu͡t. It's also not out of the realm of possibility for Catholic Church records to be found in the collections of civil archives, universities or historical societies. Common Illnesses a. – “pro tempore” (temporary or acting in the place of). This is one of the Latin abbreviations frequently used in German documents. = videlicet; namely cum cont.= with a sermon dom.=dominus (-a); lord or sir (lady or dame) fil.=filius (-a)= son (daughter) fil.pop= filius(-a) populi or filius (a) vulgi; bastard son or daughter of a harlot in com.=in comitatu; in the county (of) libre = book lic.=per licentiam;by licence nupt.=nupti fuerunt; were married ob. I can't find anything for lenante. bap/bap’t – baptised. My own knowledge of the language is slight and I've received much help after putting out a plea for aid to the list. German Genealogy German Church Records. According to tradition, he sheltered a fugitive priest in his house. Watch for a religion or church mentioned in an obituary or associated with a burial place (keeping in mind that a churchyard burial may have represented the religious wishes of other relatives, not the deceased). Follow me on Instagram @mattsgenealogyblog. Usually seen after a woman’s married name and before her maiden name. Where extant, church records can be an enormous boon to genealogical research. In particular wills, parish records and land records tend to be full of Latin terms. b. You can find many records on this side of the ocean, too, such as microfilmed church records, German newspapers, German-American church records, and Pennsylvania German baptismal certificates. 16. d.d. before their given & surname. Use these websites to find the entire German word and then use a German dictionary to find the meaning. Now I am curious about an abbreviation that repeats frequently in this recordset, namely the descriptor preceding the name Jacob Gassmann. –  “Pfarrer” (priest/pastor). German Genealogy Records and Databases on the Internet. Pfr. Your email address will not be published. - mustered out mo. – “evangelisch” (Protestant). - mile; miles MIA - Missing in Action mil or milit. German Phone Directories, 1915-1981. Decipher Germanic Records by Edna M Bentz Detailed overview how to interpret old German script as it evolved over several centuries. d.s.p. I haven't run across that phrase myself but doing a bit of searching, I believe it is an abbreviation for a prayer. 18. eod. Also includes a list of Latin and Hungarian terms for occupations and causes of death. Germany, Select Marriages, 1558-1929. One of these is the interactive lesson, Key Words and Phrases in Latin Records, which includes a printable handout of key words and phrases. Do you have any idea what the abbreviation Hss. German Death (Toten/Gestorben) Record. Ernest Thode’s book, German-English Genealogical Dictionary is available in the Friends’ bookstore at NARA- Pittsfield. Name of Deceased b. Date/Time of Death and of Burial c. Place of Birth of Deceased d. Age of Deceased e. Relationship Status of Deceased f. Cause of Death 13. This is the old German Scripth alphabet. Find these records first in local churches, where they are usually kept chronologically in parish registries. = sine prole; without offspring May also refer in parish chest materials to Smoke-penny= one of the dues once payable at Eastertime to the incumbent of a parish by his parishion… Never in Irish. For example, a typed record might show an abbreviation for Joseph as Jos, whereas the handwritten record would usually show it as Jo s. Similarly for Elizabeth, it would appear Elizth in typed form and Eliz th in handwritten form. Records: An ancestor’s faith or specific church might be specified (or at least hinted at) in nonreligious records. This is often used when describing the residence of two people on a certificate , stating that they are “both from here.”. Conrad Zingg. Latin Terms beginning with the letter A Records written in German may also be found in Switzerland, Austria, and parts of Poland, France, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Denmark, and other places that Germans settled. Katherine Schober, author of "Tips and Tricks of Deciphering German Handwriting" and "The Magic of German Church Records: Finding the Key to Your Ancestor's Past", is a German-English genealogy translator who has translated for both The History Channel and PBS' Finding Your Roots. In it, he outli... Not long before finishing my ancestry research in the area around Ortenaukreis, Baden, Germany, I exchanged emails with a person who lived ... During our last trip to Carthage, Hancock County, Illinois, I found some information about the Thomas Doran family. Many of the abbreviations that you come across in genealogy are fairly self-explanatory – ‘gt grandfather’ is your great-grandfather; ‘Fred’k Smith’ is in fact Frederick Smith. While most of the Bremen, Germany passenger departure records were destroyed—either by German officials or during WWII—2,953 passenger lists for the years 1920 – 1939 have survived. After about 1800, they were written in German. I've got an image from the "Connecticut Church Records Abstracts, 1630-1920", but I don't know what all the abbreviations mean. - ditto; dtr. So, German genealogists, don’t let those pesky abbreviations get the better of you. This link … It isn't juvenis or viduus or solutus, as are most in the register. –  “geboren” (literally “born”, but often translates as “née”). German Marriage (Ehe) Record. 14. ehel. stands for so far. Pat B. Patricia,Thank you for your comment and question! - [Latin] descessit sine prole; died without issue; d.s.p.m. = obit; died s.p. [If the writer likes a long s at the end, a son can look like fflll but a daughter will be ffllx where x is any letter you can think of except s!] Place names and surnames were not translated but first names were. Could these be Latin abbreviations and, if so, what do they mean in context of the baptism protocol? Some authors also showed abbreviations by handwriting a horizontal line above or through the text, as in Dy for Dorothy. Later books may have used preprinted forms with the headings in Fraktur type, which is … Typically, Latin was used in the more rural, Irish-speaking parishes while English was used in urban districts. Where extant, church records can be an enormous boon to genealogical research. (abbreviation) power of attorney. Thank you for any insight. The surname ALWAYS retains the English spelling (or a phonetic variation – the same surname can be spelled differently in any set of records, probably depending on the way that the person writing it spelled the name, and whether that person was a local to the area or not.) means in a male name? Greek Catholic (Uniate) records were kept in Latin, Ukrainian, or sometimes Polish. 19 of the most common with their meanings explained. It happens to the best of us. I asked Katherine to transcribe and translate a baptismal record written in Old German script from 1828 about my Great, Great Grandfather. *If you would like professional transcription or translation help, contact me here. The call numbers begin with 473.21. The closest I can find is an abbreviation meaning they died without a male heir, but to me, that doesn't make sense in the middle of a prayer about a living soul. 17. p.t. Seen before a date, as in “d. Jump to: navigation, search. German … Example of German Church Record with translation: Translation 1. Latin Birth/Baptism (Natus/Baptizatus) Record - The key words you're looking for are: filius - son of. Most provable lineages, outside of noble ones, rarely can be traced back further than the early church records. For further help, use a Latin-English dictionary. Never in Irish. “unehel.” is therefore “unehelich” (illegitimate). ... Reading English Handwritten Records Lesson 2: Dates and Latin Words. To: Matthew Miller: Your examples of latin key words are great. 25.12.1924” (December 25, 1924). As far as we know, GenealogyInTime Magazine maintains the largest online resource devoted to Latin words and phrases in genealogy. Latin is the mother language for many modern European languages, including English, French, Spanish and Italian. Scribal abbreviations or sigla (singular: siglum) are the abbreviations used by ancient and medieval scribes writing in various languages, including Latin, Greek, Old English and Old Norse.In modern manuscript editing (substantive and mechanical) "sigla" are the symbols used to indicate the source manuscript (e.g. Most are for Protestant churches. LATIN. I previously asked about this record in Reading Latin date description in 18th century German church record? Has transcripts of more than 650 sets of church records for the state of Brandenburg, Germany from the Brandenburgisches Landeshauptarchiv. The same word also precedes the name of the father of the bride, Johann Jacob Glöckler. poll used in early tax records denoting a taxable person; person eligible to vote. Latin Birth/Baptism (Natus/Baptizatus) Record. There are several different dialects in the German language. The normal format in Latin seemed to be: Thomas filius Henrici BLOGGS et Anna uxor ejus baptizatus fuit (date in Latin) Anno Pro. Throughout the history of central Europe, these have been used in both religious and secular records. sak. Latin Marriage (Matrimonius) Record. Latin Death (Mortus) Record. Many church records and legal documents include Latin terms that are not used in our everyday speech. This can also be abbreviated “evan.” Along the same lines, “kath.” stands for “katholisch” (Catholic). is likely commorantes, which means living and animam means soul. Another Latin abbreviation, sometimes seen before a pastor’s name. see also: Abbreviations of Languages. This collection includes marriage records from Germany. ENGLISH : aetas: age: agricola: farmer: agrippo: pneumonia: angina: angina (may not necessarily refer to modern day usage of "chest pain" or "heart attack" because the term is also seen in records … 8. For a female: Sarah filia Henrici BLOGGS et Anna uxor ejus baptizata fuit (date in Latin) Anno Pdo. Languages found in German church records include: German -- using Gothic handwriting. | FluentU German, https://books.google.com/books?id=ukmudMMf6j4C&pg=PA79&lpg=PA79&dq=genealogy;abbreviation+Hss.&source=bl&ots=unYVNtschp&sig=ACfU3U0Y7B_835BC32g9-WH1w_29VNtrRg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj8kq_ViJfkAhUOKK0KHZscCt0Q6AEwEXoECAUQAQ#v=onepage&q=genealogy%3Babbreviation%20Hss.&f=false, Essential Death Record Vocabulary (PREMIUM), Genealogy Beat the Clock: Black Friday Extreme Deals. Offers tips for deciphering old German script. –  “de dato” (on this date). Usually before a name. Symbols, Abbreviations and Words Used in German Church Records You will probably need a reference book for the old German symbols, abbreviations, words, occupations, and illnesses. Your email address will not be published. This is very helpful. Bookmark this Site A simple Latin translation dictionary to help Genealogists and Family Historians to understand Latin phrases in old documents, wills, deeds, contracts and manorial, church & parish records. German is spoken in Germany, Switzerland, and Austria. The church record books in Germany prior to about 1800 were typically written in Latin. Much of his time was spent on board the attack cargo ship, the USS Skagit (AKA 105). Undocumented Family Trees - Seefried Ancestors, German Church Record Basics - Part 2 - Latin Records, German Church Record Basics - Part 1 - German Records, Menke and Related Families in Hanover, Germany, Grimmelshausen and Christman Brandstetter, Doran Probate and Property Records in Carthage, Illinois. Sacramental records are the first types of documents you should look for when researching your Catholic ancestors. viz. Latin-English dictionaries are available on each floor of the Family History Library. Author’s Note: If you want help with abbreviations and more tricky handwriting obstacles, join our Premium group – weekly access to live “office hours” where you can ask Katherine your transcription and translation questions – and get immediate answers. The Arbeitshelfe also contains some good historical maps. This is a good resource to bookmark. Comm. One should not be intimidated by the language, especially with regard to tabular records. Prussian State Archive samples- in German only. Latin Marriage (Matrimonius) Record. MGH - Middle High German m.i. 6. led. Adresse address a.f. In some cases these Latin terms require the help of a Latin scholar, but in many cases a quick translation will at least help us to understand what the record is telling us. Most are for Protestant churches. Language and Terminology: Most of these records are written in either Magyar (Hungarian), Ukrainian, Latin or Slovak. 17. p.t. Each letter has an upper case version first followed by a lower case. Church Record Translations. To find records in the FamilySearch Catalog, do a "place search" for the village or place you are looking for. Haus Nro. Even if you don't speak or read German , however, you can still make sense of most genealogical documents found in Germany with the understanding of a few key German words. Latin, Hungarian and Slovak translations to English of church records for baptism, marriage, and death records. German Scriptwriting training on line including script examples. conjugum - married. Many German church records have been transcribed or digitized and placed online, and the list is growing. A Couple of Tricks to Find All Ancestors in a Give... Latin Birth/Baptismal (Natus/Baptizatus) Record, ejusdem - same month as the previous entry, nullo detecto impedimento - see no impediment to their marriage, Adolescentes - young person, likely a teenager, defuncti/defuncta - deceased, followed by, relictus/relicta - male and female versions, extreme unction - last rites/anointing of the sick, Vagabunda et pauper - vagabond and pauper. Sometimes, the information that a researcher needs has been written in plain sight. - died young Back to the top E. - East or eastern; easi. 12. This is Part 2 of German Church Record Basics - Latin Records. Notice in the following obituary, the death date is … A simple Latin translation dictionary to help Genealogists and Family Historians to understand Latin phrases in old documents, wills, deeds, contracts and manorial, church & parish records. Many resources exist that will help you read Latin genealogical records. – “eodem” (the same). 15. Use these helpful hints and share them with your fellow researchers using the button below. - died unmarried; DVF - Society of the Descendants of Washington's Army at Valley Forge; d.y. Search for your ancestors in free Ships' Passenger lists, Naturalization Records, Palatine Genealogy, Canadian Genealogy, American Genealogy, Native American Genealogy, Huguenots, Mennonites, Almshouse Records, Orphan Records, church records, military muster rolls, census records, land records and more. There we are, happily transcribing our German genealogical document, when we’re suddenly confronted with two obscure letters. Usually seen before the word “child” (Kind). – “ejusdem” (in the same month or year). Latin in Irish Catholic parish registers. Church Records: Sometimes church records for German churches in America will give the place of birth of immigrant parents in the baptismal records of their children, or in the marriage record of the immigrant(s) if the couple was married after arriving in the US. Brandenburg, Germany, Transcripts of Church Records, 1700-1874 at Ancestry/requires payment. filia - daughter of. 19. ejusd. The surname ALWAYS retains the English spelling (or a phonetic variation – the same surname can be spelled differently in any set of records, probably depending on the way that the person writing it spelled the name, and whether that person was a local to the area or not.) 1714. filius and filia are 'son' and 'daughter' respectively, but occasionally are written with the ff at the beginning. Once one identifies the column headings, the data contained therein is either dates, given names, surnames or place names, which require no translation. " From GenWiki. Types of Records to Look For Church Records Civil Registration Records (birth, marriage and death) Other Records such as emigration lists. So, let's say you know what town your family is from in Germany. see also: Abbreviations of Coins. 25 Milestone Words for Finding Your German Ancestor. This name was borne by Saint Alban, the first British martyr (4th century). In some cases these Latin terms require the help of a Latin scholar, but in many cases a quick translation will at least help us to understand what the record is telling us. - [Latin] descessit sine prole mascula; died without male issue; dt. – “männlich” (masculine, male). –  “weiblich” (feminine, female). All kinds of records were prone to spelling mishaps, including vital records, church records, and of course the immigration and census records mentioned above. This word list includes only the words most commonly found in genealogical sources. Has transcripts of more than 650 sets of church records for the state of Brandenburg, Germany from the Brandenburgisches Landeshauptarchiv. Ten Tips for Deciphering Old German Handwriting, Ten *More* Tips for Deciphering Old German Handwriting, http://wiki-de.genealogy.net/Abk%C3%BCrzungen, 10 German Words You Won’t Find in a Dictionary, 20 Tips for Deciphering Old German Handwriting - SK Translations, z.B., Here Are Some Top German Abbreviations to Master! – “Bezirk” (district). Scribal abbreviations or sigla (singular: siglum) are the abbreviations used by ancient and medieval scribes writing in various languages, including Latin, Greek, Old English and Old Norse.In modern manuscript editing (substantive and mechanical) "sigla" are the symbols used to indicate the source manuscript (e.g. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a30ddae454df47d93a1c2c8b2a423159" );document.getElementById("cda0f246a8").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. One last Latin abbreviation, usually denoting when someone was born, baptized, married, or had passed away. Early German church records (Kirchenbuch) contain a wealth of family information for those who have ancestors from that country. If you find a corrections or an addition to the descriptions you wish to add, please note the file name associated, revision level and the book name with the comment and e-mail to ropulse@aol.com. Latin was the main written language of Europe throughout the Middle Ages, despite the fact that most people used some other language in their daily life.Records surviving from this era remain of interest to many but some, such as church registers, remain untranslated, therefore a knowledge of the Latin form of common English names remains invaluable for genealogists. Short intro followed by lists of abbreviations for Latin terms found in church records. Latin in Irish Catholic parish registers. сак. Additions and corrections are always welcome. Abbr: German: English: A. I've recently been reading some parish records written in Latin. Do you know what the “i W.” is referring to? Place names and surnames were not translated but first names were. In the Facebook genetic DNA groups, I've seen one subject discussed pretty frequently over the past couple of weeks that I hadn't he... Jim Menke did extensive research of the Menke family, which he spelled out in his "Menkes of Schwagstorf" booklet. We use cookies to customize content and give you the best experience possible. In an old Danish parish record book (1750s), the abbreviations “Comm.” and “Comp.” are used consistently in the baptism entries. I'm unable to decrypt some word in a Latin church record of a death in 1769. Chuck, on Translation of Grandmother's Diary, Professor Thomas Ertl, University of Vienna Historian and Professor, Mike, on a Christmas Translation Present for his Wife, Yulia, American Historical Society of Germans from Russia. In this lesson, you will explore abbreviations, different ways that dates were recorded, and Latin words that are commonly found in English and colonial records. studz. German church books can be a gold mine of information for family historians. - easily 20 Tips for Deciphering Old German Handwriting. Therefore, Latin will be found used in the earlier records of most European countries, as well as in Roman Catholic records around the world. My thanks are due to everyone who has assisted me, including an ex-Latin teacher and a Roman Catholic priest to name but two, and there were others. Records written in German may be found in these countries and also in parts of Poland, Denmark, Luxembourg, Czech Republic, Hungary, and wherever German people settled. Paricularly high quality site with both English and German support along with other languages. – “pro tempore” (temporary or acting in the place of). These words are common in baptismal records. Germany, Find A Grave Index, 1600s-Current Bremen Passenger Lists, 1920–1939. Latin – Here we include useful words and phrases for latin, the language of the church and the law, a very useful reference when working in older records for the first time. I.e. –  “ledig” (single/unmarried). Death Records a. How One Word Traveled Around the World (Guest Post by Narelle Kukowetz), That’s in the Archives: Using State Archive Websites For Your Genealogy Research (Guest Post by Melissa Barker), 7 Genealogy Hacks for Verifying Your Ancestor’s Hometown (PREMIUM), Essential German Genealogy Vocabulary: The Collection, Recognizing German Numbers: A Practice Game (PREMIUM), Privacy Policy, Cookie Policy and Data Usage. Seen when describing where someone lives or where a document was issued. et = and; uxor ejus= (wife his) = his … - minister m-in-l - mother-in-law MLG - Middle Low German MLW - Military Land Warrant MM - abbreviation for Monthly Meeting of Society of Friends (Quakers) m.o. German Genealogy Records and Indexes Online. Highly recommended. MGH - Middle High German m.i. Includes sections on terms found in records, illnesses, and occupations - all translated to Latin, English, and Danish and shown in original German script. ... p.o.a. Download your comprehensive list here – plus monthly German genealogy tips sent straight to your inbox. back to top. лют. I have a question unrelated to the above queries and comments. - monument inscription mi. Wwe/Wwer – “Witwe” (widow) or “Witwer” (widower). ALBAN m German, French, Albanian, English (Rare) From the Roman cognomen Albanus, which meant "from Alba".Alba (from Latin albus "white") was the name of various places within the Roman Empire, including the city Alba Longa. Your post is very interesting! parish ecclesiastical division or jurisdiction; the site of a church. This would always be before a person’s name. https://books.google.com/books?id=ukmudMMf6j4C&pg=PA79&lpg=PA79&dq=genealogy;abbreviation+Hss.&source=bl&ots=unYVNtschp&sig=ACfU3U0Y7B_835BC32g9-WH1w_29VNtrRg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj8kq_ViJfkAhUOKK0KHZscCt0Q6AEwEXoECAUQAQ#v=onepage&q=genealogy%3Babbreviation%20Hss.&f=false. German SütterlinScriptwriting exercises with examples that will also help you to read the script. Many of these records are preserved on microfilm, particularly in the LDS archives at Salt Lake City. Last week, we covered the Church records written in Latin. Many that I’ve seen have married legitimate daughter and then a word that looks like lenante or levante. 19 Most Common Abbreviations in German Genealogy. If you continue to use our site, we will assume that you agree to our terms. - monument inscription mi. Another Latin abbreviation … Seen in the place where an occupation would normally be, before a name. Another resource is the National Archive… 10. weibl. kras. If you find the answer, please post an update and if I find it, I'll be sure to post another reply.Let me know if you have any other questions.--Matt. The church record books in Germany prior to about 1800 were typically writte... All of my Panther family tree information was found in the church records of a few villages in Germany. Handwritten symbols and common abbreviations found in Germanic records are also covered. Irish was never used in the registers. code 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12; Belorussian (romanized) bel: студз. Irish was never used in the registers. What in the world do they mean? A Family’s Quest for Truth: Is Their Treasured Heirloom the Famous X-Rayed Ring? Volunteers at the LDS Church are in the process of digitizing these films and indexing the contents. - military min. 4. d. –  “den” (the). - mustered out mo. Many church records and legal documents include Latin terms that are not used in our everyday speech. Proximo (often abbreviated “prox.”): Proximo refers to something that will occur next month. The Bremen Society for Genealogical Investigation, DIE MAUS, has put transcriptions of these surviving Bremen passenger records online. 2. Use the FamilySearch catalog to see what records the Family History Library in Salt Lake City might have for your ancestors. See the Latin Word List (34077). Your link to the past since February 1996! 9. männl. Sections are devoted to showing side-by-side comparisons of Latin, English, Danish, and handwritten German script for common genealogical terms, occupations & titles, and diseases. Ultimo (often abbreviated “ult.”): Ultimo or Ultimo Mense is a Latin term/phrase that refers to an occurrence from the previous month. I have found a Swiss Family where ALL the males have Hss. This database contains telephone books covering the years 1915–1981 for five of Germany's major cities: Berlin, Frankfurt am Main, Hamburg, Leipzig, and Munich. If I Can You Can Decipher Germanic Records by Edna Bentz i. Abzehrung: consumption ii. Thank you!!! Latin Death (Mortus) Record. I find that the Latin word "levante" means "east". Parish records were either written in English or Latin. S:M:E: animam following the date of the death? It wasn’t uncommon for German’s to name all their children the same first name (Hanss, Johann, Georg etc) and go by their middle name. I’d love to hear from you. - daughter; dt's. 11. ev. I have been trying for months to translate a particular latin word in a marriage register from Uberlingen, Germany from 1801. - date; dto. - minister m-in-l - mother-in-law MLG - Middle Low German MLW - Military Land Warrant MM - abbreviation for Monthly Meeting of Society of Friends (Quakers) m.o. Irish Catholic parish register entries were recorded in either English or Latin. See above. 18. eod. This is one of the Latin abbreviations frequently used in German documents. Abbreviations... Smileys. I will truly appreciate your help. Coverage varies by parish -- most are from 1795-1874. Church records are the most important sources of genealogical information available for German research. - delirium tremens; dum. bach – bachelor. Irish Catholic parish register entries were recorded in either English or Latin. 5. geb. This gives us living s.m.e. Below, I’ve compiled a list for you of some of the most common genealogical abbreviations and their meanings: 3. b.v. –  “beide von” (both from). posthumous a child born after the death of the father. - mother; month mors. It appears to be drus or duus (it's on three or four letters long), perhaps... an occupation, though I don't see any others on the page. (a) Anno (anno) in the year of A. Amt office ; department ; authority abgeg. Latin -- in Roman script (in Catholic areas until about 1806; in Protestant areas until the mid-16th century or later) French -- in Alsace-Lorraine, Rhineland, Palatinate, and Hessen before 1815, after which the language changed to German

Clearance Shoes Online, Computer Science Field, Jazz Piano Technique Exercises, Etudes & Ideas For Building Chops, Famous Filipino Bakery, Graphic Design Certificate Programs Near Me,

Post a Comment