5 Shopping Tips For The Holiday Season
Christmas is a good month and some change away. Regardless, the smart shopper always knows not to wait until the last minute to buy presents. Especially if you’re looking for deals.
It’s easy to get caught up in daily work/school schedules. In just a blink of an eye, it’s Black Friday and you’re driving around frantically trying to get everything checked off your list. If you’re savvy, you might get everything done with some time to spare. However some people need a little bit more help in the retail arena.
Welp, it’s Living Civil to the rescue with 5 great tips for holiday shopping!
1. Pre-game– The whole secret to successful holiday shopping is being prepared. Know what you want and how much it’s going for at each location. Being able to compare prices at each store can help you figure out where you’ll get the best deal. Plus, you won’t waste time going store to store.
2. Go Online- Don’t get caught up with all the in-store hype during your holiday shopping. Cyber Monday is the best way to not have to leave the comfort of your home to shop for bargains. You can also find items you wouldn’t find outside. The only catch is to make sure you pay for the item in the chart as soon as possible. Remember, most sites won’t hold your stuff just because they’re in your cart. It’s all fair game until the checkout process.
3. Have a schedule- You know that saying, “The early bird gets the worm?” Well that applies to shopping too! A foolproof plan to make you cover all the bases is to make sure you have a schedule. Know what time you need to get up, the times each store opens, and assume how crowded they may be based on its popularity.
4. Search for Coupons- This might be a time where you’ll find up to 50% (or more) off regular priced items. However, it doesn’t hurt to search for coupons on additional reductions. Don’t only look in the newspapers, either. Print coupons from online sites to bring in the store, or download coupon app on your smartphones for more convenience.
5. Free Gift Wrap- Believe it, or not, there some retail stores that will wrap your items for you. For free too! Most of the time stores that specialize in beauty, sometimes clothing stores too, will offer this service. Ask, “Can I get this gift wrapped?” And just see what they say. It never hurts to ask.