One of the world’s biggest issue continues to be world hunger. While strides have been made in recent years, it continues to be a never-ending battle. However, thanks to the United Nations, you too can now play a major role in the fight and all you have to do is take a picture of your food.
The United Nations has just launched the mobile app Share The Meal with their focus being on putting an end to world hunger. On the app, whenever you post a picture of your latest meal (which most of us do anyway), the UN makes a 50 cent donation and feeds a child for the day. Just an amazing project!
Here’s a rundown of how to participate:
- Use the Share The Meal app to publish a photo of a meal featuring a Share The Meal badge, thereby donating 50 cents to the cause. Publish it on the 19th of August (World Humanitarian Day/World Photo Day)
- Include the following in your post: #ShareTheMeal @sharethemeal
- In your caption: Feel free to use your own words. Talking points could be the cause/how easy it is to donate/challenge your friends/personal story etc.
- Challenge your fellow Instagram-ers to participate.
- Include this link in your profile for one day: http://bit.ly/2tC2uaK
- Share your meal on several other social media as well – let’s make this viral!