Coming to Comcast Xfinity in January 2019 will be a brand new television network aimed at Millennial and Generation X women of color. TV One’s CLEO TV is described as an aspirational lifestyle and entertainment cable network that focuses on things such as travel, cooking, home design, relationships, talk shows, sitcoms, movies, docu-series and more.
“CLEO TV will offer quality content that defies negative and cultural stereotypes of today’s modern women,” as quoted from the official statement from Comcast Corporate. “The network promises a unique and diverse lineup of short and long-form programming that reflects the multifaceted interests of this generation.”
A few shows set to premiere on CLEO TV include:
• Syndicated sitcoms such as Eve and Girlfriends.
• Sister Circle Live talk show.
• Living by Design with Jake and Jazz (hosted by siblings Jake and Jazz Smollett).
• New Soul Kitchen (starring Chef Jernard Wells and vegan chef Porsche Thomas).
• Just Eats with Chef JJ (starring Harlem-based Chef JJ)
• Influencer Tai Beauchamp (hosts a currently untitled travel and culture show, which gives viewers “a unique travel experience to discover world-class destinations”).
• Giants (originally streamed on Issa Rae’s YouTube channel and created by James Bland)
• TV One’s original films Bobbi Kristina, Jean of the Joneses and Love Under New Management: The Miki Howard Story.
“We’re at a pivotal moment in history where women are making a huge impact in our society and culture, especially women of color,” said TV One’s General Manager Michelle Rice, who also spearheaded the development of the new network. “CLEO TV will offer a diverse mix of lifestyle and entertainment content through the unique lens of Millennial and young Gen X women of color, an audience segment currently underserved. CLEO TV will leverage the comprehensive media platform of our parent company Urban One, Inc. which includes digital, television and radio divisions that will each play an integral role in bringing this new network to the marketplace. We appreciate the support of our inaugural launch partner Comcast, as well as CURLS Beauty Brands for this tremendous opportunity to elevate new voices in our industry.”
TV One’s Vice President of Original Programming and Production Robyn Green Arrington says CLEO TV will be both a mixture of the old and new school to which viewers will find shows that have a modern twist.
“CLEO TV will bring to the forefront short-form and acquired programs that have only been in the digital space, which will give them more broad exposure and attract a new generation of viewers to the network,” Robyn says. “It will provide lifestyle, empowerment and entertainment lineups that mothers and daughters can watch together.”
Click here to read more.