Obesity is a growing epidemic in the United States. According to Sharecare there are over 150 million obese Americans. Trainers today want to influence as many people as they can either to prevent obesity, illness, disease or to aid in the obesity epidemic by trying to promote healthy living and weight loss.
There are a lot of fitness websites, trainers and instructors on the internet. Thus making it hard to decide who is credible and who isn’t. Sharecare has developed a list of people who are the best influencers of 2012. To be included on the list the influencers must have demonstrated a consistent impact on fitness-specific conversations online. They were also put into a database that measured their fitness relevance, syndication, presence and reach. These influencers are then ranked from most to least influential based on sharecare‘s unique scoring structure.
The follow is the list of top 10 influencers and where they can be found so you know who to trust for your 2013 goals and resolutions.
- Jillian Michaels – http://www.everydayhealth.com/
- Cassey Ho – http://blogilates.com/
- Sarah Klein – http://www.huffingtonpost.com/
- Karla Walsh – http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/
- Paige Waehner – http://exercise.about.com/
- Adam Bornstein – http://www.livestrong.com/
- Jessica Smith – http://www.shape.com/
- Gina Harney – http://fitnessista.com/
- Bob Harper – http://www.mytrainerbob.com/
- Chris Freytag – http://chrisfreytag.com/