International Women’s Day is on Mar. 8, 2014 is a holiday that has been observed since the 1900s to promote equal rights amongst women. This International Women’s Day, it’s important to acknowledge how far the women’s rights movement has come, and also address that there are still many more issues that require equality. In our humble opinion, International Women’s Day stands for more than equality for women, but equality for all so that no gender, or subgroup of any kind, has to feel prejudiced and descriminated against. To celebrate International Women’s Day, we’ve compiled 15 quotes by men and women about women, and we’ve compiled 15 messages you can send to an inspirational woman in your life.
Here are 15 inspirational quotes by women:
1. “Woman is the companion of man, gifted with equal mental capacity.” — Gandhi
2. “God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I’ve ever met.” — Farrah Fawcett
3. “Women have served all these centuries as looking glasses possessing the magic and delicious power of reflecting the figure of a man at twice its natural size.” — Virginia Woolf
4. “Somewhere out in this audience may even be someone who will one day follow in my footsteps, and preside over the White House as the President’s spouse. I wish him well!” — Barbara Bush
5. “Women are leaders everywhere you look — from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes.” — Nancy Pelosi
6. “A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.” — Melinda Gates
7. “Whatever glory belongs to the race for a development unprecedented in history for the given length of time, a full share belongs to the womanhood of the race.” — Mary Mcleod Bethune
8. “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
9. “Dream the dreams that have never been dreamt.” — David Bower
10. “The fastest way to change society is to mobilize the women of the world.” — Charles Malik
11. “Remember the dignity of your womanhood. Do not appeal, do not beg, do not grovel. Take courage, join hands, stand besides us, fight with us.” — Christabel Pankhurst
12. “Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t.” — Margaret Thatcher
13. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” — Oprah Winfrey
14. “When I thought I couldn’t go on, I forced myself to keep going. My success is based on persistence, not luck.” — Estee Lauder
15. “If you were born without wings, do nothing to prevent them from growing.” — Coco Chanel
Here are 15 wishes to send women on International Women’s Day:
16. Sending you wishes to say you blossom up the world around me! Happy Women’s Day!
17. Just wanted to thank you from bottom of my heart for all things you do! Happy Womens Day!
18. On women’s day what can I wish for, but the very best for you! Happy Women’s Day!
19. You can do almost anything your mind to… You can swim the deepest ocean and climb the highest peak… Be a doctor or fly a plane… You can face adversity and still walk tall. You are strong, beautiful, compassionate and much more than words could ever say! Today is yours and so is every other day… Happy Women’s Day
20. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. You are an inspiration to me.
21. We may not be able to see each other or listen to each other often. But thoughts of you fill my heart with fond memories of the times we have spent together. Thinking of you!
22. On this special day, celebrate life. Take a break from your busy schedule. Let your hair down, have fun and do what your heart says. Coz today is your day. Have a great Women’s Day!
23. A beautiful women, a great friend and a wonderful mother. You are all this to me and much more… I feel so lucky and proud to have a mom like you.
24. This is just my way of saying that you are a very special Woman in my life! Thanks!
25. If you could see it from my eyes you would know you are one gem of a Woman!
26. No matter from which angle. I look at you . You appear to be an angle and Women’s Day is the perfect to say: I am so lucky to have you in my life.
27. Through the years, I have shared so much with you, both bitter and sweet. You have been such a comfort to me, helping me in every way, and all I wanna say today is: Sis, I treasure you close to my heart.
28. For all the times you’ve brought a smile and made my days seem brighter. For sharing ups and downs with me and making my burdens lighter. For doing the caring things that make a special friend. Your frienfship is a joy. I wish it never ends! Happy Women’s Day!
29. A litter note to say: You are always on my mind and very close to my heart!
30. You are as sweet inside as out. Hope your day is as sweet as you are!