It’s leaves are changing, the air is crisp which means it is fall. That means that it is pumpkin pie season. Pies can be high in carbs as well as sugar and fat content. Here is a pumpkin pie shake recipe that is a fast and easy healthy alternative. This is one of my favourite recipes that can be used for a post-workout, breakfast, or as a snack. If you love pumpkin flavour anything like I do I promise that this shake won’t disappoint you because this shake isis thick like a milkshake and tastes like a creamy pumpkin pie. Perfect for your fall taste buds.
In a blender combine the following ingredients:
– 3 scoops of pumpkin out of a cone
– 2/3 ice cubes
– 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk or any other milk of your choice
– 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
– 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon stevia, coconut sugar or sweetener of your choice
– 1/2 of a banana (I prefer frozen)
– 1/2 – 1 tablespoon non-fat plain Greek yogurt
Blend ingredients thoroughly and pour into a glass and enjoy!
Follow Alicia on Twitter for more great recipes and health and fitness tips.