On Saturday, January 21, 2017, thousands of sisters will be marching to remind government representatives that they report to the people, all people.
As part of The Women’s March, the rally set to take place in D.C. will happen on the aforementioned date, and it’s now expanding to other cities including New York City.
The #NYCWomensMarch is not just for women; the organization is taking a stand to promote civil rights for every human regardless of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, religion, or creed. To remind everyone that they are prepared to protect their rights against intolerance, discrimination, and sexual harassment, and civil injustice.
Their mission is to provide a safe and accepting platform for supporters of equality to rally and for the NYC crew, they will march from Dag Hammarskjold Plaza on 48th st. at 1st Ave. to the Trump Tower on 5th Ave.
The Women’s March goals are to:
- Empower every human who witnesses or participates in the Women’s March on NYC to stand up for their beliefs and their rights.
- Remind the existing government body that they report to the people and the people expect their civil liberties to be upheld.
- Demonstrate to the incoming cabinet the speed and ease with which the people can mobilize if policies promoting inequality arise.
- Bring hope to those who have lost confidence in the United States Government by physically showing them that the power lies with the people.
- Remind every American that their right to assemble, march, demonstrate, protest and vote are sacred and only available to citizens of free countries, countries like the United States of America.