Growing up, I was empowered to explore other career paths that catered to my interests. It’s paid off for me in a big way. And because of that, it’s very important we do our best to encourage young people to seek mentorship and programs like the Coca-Cola Pay It Forward program. It is designed to provide financial and social support to deserving high school students as they prepare to embark on their individual college journeys. I’m proud to be a part of a program that can make such a difference. Up to twenty high school teens will be awarded a $5,000 scholarship and the opportunity to attend the all-new Coca-Cola Pay It Forward Academy – a three-day educational development experience for the winners and their moms/legal guardians, co-hosted by Steve Harvey. For complete rules and eligibility requirements, visit: www.coke.com/payitforward. This year, the program has a stronger focus on helping moms address the educational needs of her teen(s). Moms, dads, relatives, teachers and neighbors are encouraged to nominate an outstanding high school teen (grades 9-12) for the unique educational and mentoring experience. Below are a few more details about the program:
- Program is open to high school teens in grades 9-12
- Nominators and nominees must be 13 years of age or older
- Eligible teens can nominate themselves
- Nominations should be made on the program’s website here
- Up to twenty winners will be selected
- Each winner will receive a $5,000 scholarship and a trip from their hometown for them and their mom/legal guardian to attend the Coca-Cola Pay It Forward Academy July 24-26, 2015 in Atlanta, GA
The Coca-Cola Company provided promotional consideration for my participation in this program.