Do you want to be GREAT, but do not know where to start? I admit, I was once this person. I had a ton of unorganized plans, goals and ideas in my mind, but didn’t know exactly how to execute them. Essentially, with a million ideas floating in your head, it is hard to concentrate.
One day, I decided to write my big goal for the year, which included all of my plans, goals and ideas in my “Goal Journal.” Once I knew my self-expectations for the year, I had to make a way to stay on path, and with that I started to write monthly goals. Writing my monthly goals essentially keeps me on track and focused on my bigger goals.
Want to know how to get motivation through monthly goals? It’s simple:
- Buy a notebook with at least 200 pages
- At the start of each month write down all the goals you wish to achieve by the first of the following month
- On the 15th of the month, review your goals to see what you have achieved and what you need to work to achieve
- It is also important that you write down unexpected achievements on the 15th. (You may have an unexpected encounter with a person, place or things that will further motivate you.)
- Lastly, on the first of the next month, highlight everything you have achieved.
- For the goals that were not achieved, ask yourself was this goal beneficial to my ultimate goal or do I need place it on this month’s goals list again
So there it goes my secret to my self- motivation. For you all, grab your notebooks and get to writing your goals. Remember, MOTIVATION STARTS WITH SELF!