With Beyonce’ recently announcing her vegan diet in preparation for the Coachella festival and the VegFest heading to Brooklyn this summer, now is the perfect time to indulge in a delicious vegan recipe. After all, Beyonce’ did invite us to join her, didn’t she?
If you’re a fan of spicy food, this Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Taco recipe is perfect for you. First introduced to vegan buffalo tacos by following musician Keisha Epps on Instagram, the moment I saw it, I knew I had to find the recipe.
After searching Pinterest, I came across ThisSavoryVegan.com, a website dedicated to easy, creative, and tasty vegan dishes. “Whether you’re dabbling with a vegan diet, a life long vegan or no where near either – this is the place for you. There’s no discrimination here at TSV,” says founder Rene.
Check out the recipe below and be sure to head over to ThisSavoryVegan.com for other amazing recipes!
Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Taco Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
FOR THE CAULIFLOWER:
1/2 head cauliflower (cut in bite-sized pieces)
4 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. chili powder
3/4 cup buffalo sauce (separated)
pepper to taste
FOR THE TACOS:
8 taco-sized flour tortillas
1 head romaine lettuce (chopped)
1 avocado (pitted and diced)
vegan ranch to taste
cilantro or green onion (diced, optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
2. In a large bowl combine cauliflower, olive oil, garlic powder, chili powder, pepper and 1/4 cup of buffalo sauce. Stir to combine. Spread evenly on baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes, flipping halfway.*
3. Five minutes before the cauliflower is done cooking, heat up the remaining buffalo sauce in a saucepan or in the microwave.
4. Remove cauliflower from the oven and place it back in the bowl. Add remaining heated buffalo sauce and stir to combine.
5. To assemble tacos, load each tortilla with romaine, avocado and cauliflower. Drizzle with ranch and top with cilantro or green onions.
- For crispier cauliflower, after cooking for 20 minutes, turn oven to broil and cook for an additional 2-5 minutes.