In honor of International Women’s Day (March 8), Mattel has announced that they will be releasing 14 new Barbie dolls that highlight “historical and modern-day role models from around the world.”
The collection includes USA Snowboarding Champion Chloe Kim, UK Boxing Champion Nicola Adams, Italy Soccer Player Sara Gama, and USA Filmmaker Patty Jenkins, just to name a few.
“As a brand that inspires the limitless potential in girls, Barbie will be honoring its largest line up of role models timed to International Women’s Day because we know that you can’t be what you can’t see,” said Lisa McKnight, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Barbie. “Girls have always been able to play out different roles and careers with Barbie and we are thrilled to shine a light on real life role models to remind them that they can be anything.”
According to Mattel’s official website, Barbie is sparking a global call to action by asking fans to tag and share the female role models that inspire them, using #MoreRoleModels on social media.
How amazing is that?
See the full list below of Global honorees!
1. Patty Jenkins, Filmmaker, USA
2. Chloe Kim, Snowboarding Champion, USA
3. Bindi Irwin, Conservationist, Australia
4. Nicola Adams, Boxing Champion, UK
5. Çağla Kubat, Windsurfer, Turkey
6. Hélène Darroze, World-Renowned Chef, France
7. Hui Ruoqi, Volleyball Champion, China
8. Leyla Piedayesh, Designer and Entrepreneur, Germany
9. Lorena Ochoa, Professional Golfer, Mexico
10. Martyna Wojciechowska, Journalist, Poland
11. Sara Gama, Soccer Player, Italy
12. Xiaotong Guan, Actress and Philanthropist, China
13. Yuan Tan, Prima Ballerina, China
14. Vicky Martin Berrocal, Entrepreneur and Fashion Designer, Spain